Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A great friend, Coco 2003-2011



Almost 3 weeks have passed since we said good bye to our lovely Coco. Coco was my friend, a very special friend.


8 years and a half ago, we found these boxer puppies for sale, and Steve gave me MY COCO as my birthday present.... oh what a present.... it had the shape of a dog.... but all it was inside was happiness... he gave me tons of happiness!!!!!!


I remember this very little girl, so afraid of me... and her mother... so worried. I looked at both of them and I spoke to both. To the mom I said, do not worry, I promise I will take good care of your daughter, to Coco I said, do not worry, I will always be there for you.


And I kept my promise.


Oh Coco how much I miss you. I miss your happiness when I arrive home, I miss your company when we walk, I miss your barking when people approach the house, I miss your presence when Steve travels and I feel so alone. I miss walking by the sofa and seing you there, I miss opening some food and you coming fast, I miss your steps in the floor when you go to bed every night....


I want to thank you for being such a GENEROUS BEING, for GIVING WITHOUT WAITING ANYTHING IN RETURN, FOR LISTENING, FOR CONFORTING ME, FOR LOVING ME AND MY KIDS AND MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY, FOR SHOWING PEOPLE TO RESPECT ANIMALS...... FOR LOVING ME.....


You are my sweetheart, my princess and my little girl, that is how I called you.


You should be proud of yourself because you were the best dog I could ever imagine... please stay by my side... just thinking about it makes me feel better.


I hope you knew how much I love you because it is a lot, a lot, a lot, a lot... it hurst so badly losing you. Rest in peace little angel... yours forever.


Marta

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

:( Sorry to hear about Coco. I remember when you got her, she was SO tiny! It's amazing how much joy a family dog can bring. She will never be forgotten.

Beautiful memoir. HUGS!

Jovilla said...

Marta, your words are so beautiful I think I have never known a dog to receive so much love as Coco received from you...