Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Spain Summer 2010: Part I/ Verano 2010 en España : I Parte

Visiting the nuns from my school/ Visitando a las monjas de mi colegio

One day I visited with Alejandra the nuns of my old school. I like to visit them when I can. I saw Ramona... my dearest angel.... she is very special for me... and Hilaria, she was one of my fisrt teachers when I was 5... now she is in Africa where they built a village and school for children and mothers.... God Bless them.

Un dia visite con Alejandra a las monjas del que fue mi colegio. Me gusta visitarlas siempre que puedo. Vi a Ramona.... mi querido angelito... es muy especial para mi.. e Hilaria, ella fue una de mis primeras profesoras cuando tenia 5 años... ahora vive en Africa donde han construido un pueblo y escuela para niños y madres. Que Dios las bendiga.


The cooks... when I was 5 they were still the cooks!

Las cocineras... cuando yo tenia 5 años ya eran las cocineras!

With Hilaria, visiting from Guinea/ Con Hilaria, de visita de Guinea

Ramona on my right / Ramona a mi derecha

Churros, Royal Gardens and Palace / Curros, Jardines Reales y Palacio

One day we went to eat Churros for breakfast (actually we went there almost daily) then to the Gardens (Jardines del Principe) and to the Palace (Casa del Labrador). This particular Palace was used for the Royalty as a "Day House" to come and p lay games, have dinner with friends and hunt.
Un dia fuimos a comer churros para el desayuno (en realidad fuimos casi a diario) y despues a los Jardines (Jardin del Principe) y al palacio (Casa del Labrador). Este Palacio en particular era usado por la realeza como "Casa de dia" para venir a jugar, cenar con amigos y cazar.


Steve in front of a huge tree.... the garden has a lot of those trees.
Steve frente a un arbol gigante... el jardin tiene muchos de esos arboles.






Birthday celebration at the village

My grandma and grandpa invited us to a nice tapas lunch in their village to celebrate my birthday.... it was a nice celebration and I enjoyed my grandma Fermina a lot. Thank you abuela!

Mi abuela y abuelo nos invitaron a su pueblo a comer para celebrar mi cumpleaños.... fue una bonita celebración y disfrute mucho de mi abuela Fermina. Gracias abuela!

Kids want to eat!

Los niños quieren comer ya!

Rafa practicing too how to cut the ham... and making sure it was good!
Rafa practicando tambien como cortar en jamon... y asegurandose que estaba bueno!

Steve and his favorite Russian Salad.
Steve y su ensalada rusa favorita.
Ale loves to spend time with Maria.
A Ale le encanta pasar tiempo con Maria.
Javier made sure that spanish ham was always on the table.... soooo good!
Javier se aseguro de que hubiera jamon siempre en la mesa... tan rico!

At least 5 types of different meats, spanish ham, cheese, russian salad....
Al menos 5 tipos distintos de carnes, jamon, queso, ensalada rusa....

Ale finds confort in some ice.... it was hot!
Ale se reconforta con hielo... hacia calor!

No comments: